PTA Sponsored Events
- Arts in Education- Educational programs brought to the building through PTA and BOCES.
- Bicycle Safety- Provides education to the 3rd grade about the importance of bicycle helmets and Pool safety. Helmets are distributed to the 3rd graders in the spring
- Blood Drive- Coordinates blood drive with the Red Cross.
- Book Fair-Coordinates book fair for the students in the fall and spring.
- Bulletin Board- Decorates the PTA bulletin board monthly.
- Campbell’s Labels- Collects labels and box tops to purchase various items for the school.
- Entertainment Books Fundraiser-Committee keeps records or orders and money, and coordinates the distribution of books.
- Family Night- Planning a family night out such as attending a show or attending an event.
- Fifth Grade Moving Up- PTA purchases fifth grade awards. The teachers and principal choose the recipients. (Should not be a 5th grade parent)
- Fifth Grade Dinner Dance- End of year celebratory dance for the fifth grade.
- Fifth grade Picnic- End of year celebration for the fifth grade.
- First Grade Orientation- Greets incoming 1st grade students and their parents to our school in June.
- Founder’s Day- Night to celebrate the founding of NYS PTA, usually a variety show put on by the students and faculty.
- Fundraiser- Raises funds for all of our programs.
- Halloween Guest Reader Night- Committee coordinates and organizes an evening when the children trick or treat and have books read to them during the evening at school.
- Health and Safety- Brings information to our members concerning the health and safety of our children.
- Holiday Baskets- Collection and distribution of food baskets for the NCR families in need in November and December.
- Holiday Boutique- A boutique where children can purchase holiday gifts for their families.
- Holiday Boutique Crafts- Helps to make crafts for the children to buy at the holiday boutique.
- Hospitality- Set up and clean up of coffee, snacks, etc. for meetings and events.
- Legislation- Brings information to our members having to do with legislation that involves children or education- Example: Bus laws, Megan’s laws.
- Membership-Recruits new members for our PTA.
- Mother’s Day- Plant sale.
- Newsletter- Editing the PTA newsletter, which is sent out periodically
- Nominating Committee- Committee that nominates the PTA Executive Committee for the following school year.
- PARP (Parents As Reading Partners)- A three-week long program to encourage family reading time.
- PJ Fun Night- Program for the Pre-K, 1st and 2nd grades, usually a show &kids wear their pj’s
- Pictures- Coordinating individual and class pictures in the spring and fall
- Reflections- National PTA artistic contest with four categories, art, literature, music and photography.
- Scholarship- Two graduating seniors that went to NCR may earn a $300.00 scholarship.
- Sports Night- Coordinating a group event like the LI Ducks or NY Islanders.
- Staff Recognition Week- A week in the spring to thank the staff of NCR with small gifts and a lunch.
- T-shirts and Sweatshirts- Sale of NCR apparel.
- Wingo- Bingo where you win prizes.
- Winter Auction- Solicits donations from the community and run an auction on an evening in the winter.
- Winter Auction Class Baskets- Organizes items donated by students and puts together gift baskets to be auctioned at the Winter Auction.
- Winter Fun Night- Planning and chaperoning a dance for grades 3-5.
- Yearbook- Coordinating picture taking and the layout of the school’s yearbook.
PTA Committee Interest Form
I am interested in chairing, co-chairing or assisting in the following committees- (Please circle the appropriate response and list the committees you are interested in.)
Please list any questions, comments or suggestions in order to improve or assist NCR PTA.
Please print your name, phone #, email address:
______________________________ _____________________ _________________
Name Phone # E-mail
Thank you for your time. We look forward to working with you in the coming year!
North Coleman Rd. Elementary PTA- firstname.lastname@example.org