UPK Registration Information
UPK Registration & Lottery Selection Procedures 2019
Middle Country Central School District’s Universal Pre-Kindergarten is truly Universal. If your child will be four years of age on or before December 1, he/she is eligible for the UPK program. In order to meet the needs of our community, MCCSD UPK has several program variations. We offer a part-day program for 2 ½ hours, five days per week (usually with AM/PM options depending upon enrollment.) We also offer full day options. We have full day programs in our Community Based Organization Partners (Head Start, Alternatives for Children, Kidtastic Kids, and The Learning Experience in Centereach.) These programs also offer before and after care, as well as vacation and summer care. Our in-district full day program is available at Unity Drive, Bicycle Path, and North Coleman (please note, the availability of North Coleman Rd. is dependent on total Pre-K enrollment.) All three in-district UPK programs have the option for Before and After Care through SCOPE Educational Services at an additional cost.
Although everyone can have a full day slot, the building availability is sometimes limited. Therefore, we will be conducting a lottery for building preference.
If you are interested in our In-District Full-Day Program (8:30 AM to 2:25 PM), please follow these steps:
1. Register your child.
2. At registration you will be given a student number. Please use this number when you fill out the On-Line Lottery form.
3. Lottery form will be open on MCCSD website or click On-Line Lottery form from March 11 to May 10. Lottery website will be closed at 3:00 pm on May 10.
4. Please enter all required information including the order of your building preferences.
5. Please be sure to enter a valid telephone number so we can contact you.
6. You will be notified of the building your child was chosen for the first week of June.
7. If you do not get your first choice, we will put you on a waitlist for your preferred building. We will maintain a waiting list based on the lottery in order of the random selection. You can call the UPK office to find out your waiting list order for the building. If you did not enter the lottery or registered after the lottery you may call the UPK office to add your name to the bottom of the full day building waiting list.
8. There is no need to enter the lottery if you would like a full day seat in our Community programs. Simply register at MCCSD and then contact the organization where you would like your child to attend.