FRIENDS OF MUSIC
Over 30 years of supporting music in the Middle Country Community – We care!
For over 30 years, the Middle Country Friends of Music Committee has been dedicated to supporting the many music programs available to our students throughout the entire school district. Members include parents of current and former students, teachers and administrators. Our common belief is the power and importance of music in our children’s lives.
The Committee’s support has been instrumental in the Middle Country Central School District Music Program being designated as a NYSSMA School of Excellence.
The Friends of Music Committee activities have included:
- Sponsorship of annual POPS Concert and other fundraising
- Elementary “Student of the Month” & 5th Grade James Truscello Awards
- 8th Grade James Truscello Awards. One student from each ensemble was awarded a plaque and a monetary scholarship at both Middle Schools starting in June 2009
- Graduating Seniors have the opportunity to apply for a monetary award –
12 scholarships of $500 each year
- Over 300 5th grade All District Concert participants received performance
T- shirts as a gift from the Committee
- Continuation of Teacher Mini Grants where over $2000 supported student enrichment and program enhancement in the Music Department
- The Committee actively advocates for the preservation of music and music-related programs
- Some officers are members of various school district committees
Join us in keeping music in the lives of our children.