Optimizing SMART Notebook Files to Decrease File Size
If your .notebook files contain large pictures (pictures over 1 MB in file size), your files could open and run slowly. You can reduce the pictures’ file size without noticeably reducing their quality. As a result, your .notebook files’ overall file sizes will be smaller and the files will open and run more quickly.
To reduce the size of a large picture after inserting it into your notebook file:
- Right click on picture
- Click on Optimize Image from the menu
- Then click Optimize.
To optimize existing Notebook files:
1. Open up your existing Notebook file.
2. Click File > Export As > Optimized SMART Notebook File
3. Browse to where you want to save the new file, type a name for the file in the File name box (we recommend adding something that differentiates it from the original, i.e. Original > Original-Opt), and click Save.
4. After verifying that the optimized file saved correctly, you can delete the original file.
To set Notebook to optimize files by default:
1. Select Edit > Preferences.
2. Click the Defaults tab.
3. From the dropdown under Image optimization, select “Always change image resolution to optimize file size”.
4. Click OK.