Windows 7 WiFi Setup Instructions
Delete any previously setup MCCSD wireless network profile in Windows 7:
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center
- Click Manage wireless networks
- Right click the network you want to delete.
- Click FRemove Network. The wireless network profile is now deleted.
Window 7 WiFi Setup Instructions
- Click the Wifi Network icon at the lower right corner of your screen.
- Choose MCCSD-Personal, check Connect automatically and click Connect
- Click on the Wifi Network icon again and then click on Open Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Manage wireless networks
- Right Click on MCCSD-Personal and then click on Properties
- Click on the Secruity tab, then Advanced
- Check box Specify authentication Mode, click the drop down menu and choose User authentication, click Save credentials
- Window will pop-up for you to enter your District network/email ID prefaced with mccsd\,and your network/email password. Enter information and click OK
Your username is your District network/email ID, which is normally your first initial+Last Name. Please make sure you are using the backslash \ if you use the forward slash it will not work correctly. The backslash is generally on the key above the Enter key. It is not the slash on the question mark key.
- Click OK
- Under Choose a network authenication method: choose Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) from the drop-down menu, and then click on Settings
- On Protected EAP Properties page, check Validate Server Cerificate. Under Select authentication Method: choose Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) from the drop-down menu, and click Configure
- Uncheck Automatically use my windows logon name and password
- Click OK on the remaining screens, and close Manage wireless network window
- Click on Additional information is needed to coneect MCCSD-Personal pop-up window at the lower right corner of your screen, and enter your District network/email ID prefaced with mccsd\,and your network/email password and click OK